In this Episode of Oil & Gas This Week: The global economic impact of $100 oil ‘isn’t trivial’: Here are the likely winners and losers, GE shares soar after company suddenly dumps John Flannery as CEO, BHGE To Buy Stake in ADNOC Drilling as Firms Form UAE Partnership, Offshore Drillers Ensco, Rowan To Combine In $2.4 Billion Merger, $23B acquisition of Texas energy co. closes, creating nation’s largest refiner and more Industry news.
Have a question? Click here to ask.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | Stitcher | Podcast Index | TuneIn | RSS | More
The global economic impact of $100 oil ‘isn’t trivial’: Here are the likely winners and losers
GE shares soar after company suddenly dumps John Flannery as CEO
BHGE To Buy Stake in ADNOC Drilling as Firms Form UAE Partnership
Offshore Drillers Ensco, Rowan To Combine In $2.4 Billion Merger
$23B acquisition of Texas energy co. closes, creating nation’s largest refiner
China’s LPG Import Costs Rise On Trade War, Iran Sanctions
Houston Exponential raises $25M fund of funds to bolster city’s tech scene
Weekly Rig Count
As of 10/14/2018 – The American Rig count is 1,148 active rigs.
Monthly Happy Hour
We will be hosting a happy hour on October 30th. We will be having a spotlight on Creating Visuals for Your Business, brought to you by visCo. This month it will be held at The Cannon from 6-9 PM. RSVP here.
This month’s happy hour is brought to you by Globalquimica, ReactWell, HEB and Karbach Brewery.
Globalquimica –Our mission is to seek and develop applications for our environmentally friendly and safe oilfield chemical technologies that provide economic benefit through their use.
ReactWell provides advanced technology services and products for organizations in the energy, chemical, O&G, and petrochemical industry doing business inside and out of the United States of America. We achieve material quality results for our clients by blending creative solutions, constrained by the laws of hard science and scarce resources.
Karbach– OGGN’s official drink sponsor. Bringing you Texas-brewed beer!
H-E-B– OGGN’s official food sponsor.
Want to sponsor a Happy Hour? Email our project coordinator, Julie McLelland, by e-mail for more information.
- Calgary Data Management Symposium, Tradeshow & AGM | October 22-24 | Calgary, Alberta: Two-day event featuring plenary presentations, a keynote speaker, interactive discussions, breakout sessions and networking opportunities. This annual event is attended by a variety of organizations and attendees from Analysts to CEOs. The agenda is now available!
- EVONIK Oil & Gas Symposium – October 30-31 | Houston, TX: This Symposium will feature industry experts and networking opportunities to discuss the latest innovations, trends, and challenges facing the oil and gas industry. Experts from leading corporations will include: Halliburton, Polyflow, Baker Hughes GE, Spears & Associates, Texas A&M University, Hoerbiger Corporation, Kosta Tech, Western Falcon, Fritz Industries, Inc., Linde Engineering, United Pipeline Systems, Inc., Innospec, Flotek, AirBorne, BYK USA, Inc., And more! Register here.
- Well Site Automation 2018 – October 30-31 | Houston, TX: The key focus for this year’s conference will be to “achieve efficient, cost-effective, and safer operations”, and the objective will be to bring shale operators and service companies together with leading industry experts to collaborate and examine new opportunities in well site automation, and to address the key challenges in well site operations across North America.
- 9th Annual Summit on Operational Excellence in Oil and Gas – November 5-7 | Houston, TX: Over 300 Operations, Operational Excellence, EH&S, Asset Management and Reliability leaders are meeting in Houston to learn the latest strategies and technologies for managing change, increasing efficiency and optimizing productivity – without compromising reliability, safety, and compliance. Learn how to unlock value and deliver large – and lasting performance improvements. Register here.
- Time Machine – November 6-7 | Austin, TX: Time Machine is your passport to the future. SparkCognition’s annual summit brings together world-leading creative minds in technology, government, industry, and academia to debate the most pressing issue of our time: artificial intelligence. Register here.
Enter to Win a Redwing Offshore Bag!
CLICK HERE TO ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!
Get Mark’s Monthly Events Email
Get Automatically Notified About Oil & Gas Events Once a Month
Connect with Us
Jake Corley | Facebook | LinkedIn | Email | Wellhub
Mark LaCour | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Email | modalpoint.com
Leave a Comment