In this Episode of Oil & Gas This Week – The Millennials Making Millions in Texas Oil, Saudi Arabia reportedly calls off Aramco IPO and disbands advisers, Saudi Oil Income Could Reach $161B This Year, Gulf of Mexico oil and gas lease sale generates $178m in high bids, Mega oil and gas projects are back, Deal frenzy swells with Diamondback’s $8.4-billion shale buyout, Guyana Can Become Richest Corner of the Continent, and more Permian news.
Weekly Rig Count
As of 09/21/2018 – The American Rig count is 1,134 active rigs.
Monthly Happy Hour
We will be hosting a happy hour on October 2nd. We will be having a spotlight on How to use LinkedIn for your business, brought to you by Freddy Goerges. Also a few words from OilComm. This month it will be held at The Cannon from 6-9 PM.
A special thank you to this month’s happy hour sponsors: Visco, ReactWell, HEB and Karbach Brewery.
Visco– Creating Visuals Making Sense. Experts in industrial visualization. We are visual advisors and produce illustrations, film, animations, interactive solutions, 3D print and virtual reality solutions. By using visuals, we help your company communicate better, learn faster and take better decisions. Find out more here.
ReactWell provides advanced technology services and products for organizations in the energy, chemical, O&G, and petrochemical industry doing business inside and out of the United States of America. We achieve material quality results for our clients by blending creative solutions, constrained by the laws of hard science and scarce resources. Find out more here.
Karbach– OGGN’s official drink sponsor. Bringing you Texas-brewed beer! Find out about their beer here.
H-E-B– OGGN’s official food sponsor. Find out more here.
Want to sponsor a Happy Hour? Email our project coordinator, Julie McLelland, by e-mail for more information.
- SPE ATCE – Septemeber 24-26 | Dallas, TX:The 2018 event includes 350+ technical presentations, special sessions on key industry topics, multiple networking events, and much more. View and download the ATCE 2018 Preview (pdf) for more information. Get your complimentary pass here.
- OilComm – October 3-4 | Houston, TX: OilComm and FleetComm is your best chance to learn more about the big responsibilities that come with big data, automation, cybersecurity, and machine learning. With more than 1,000+ attendees, you’ll be able to gain different perspectives on topics in our conference sessions, and hear how others have approached challenges with cybersecurity, shadow IT and more.
- PBIOS – October 16-18 | Odessa, TX: The Permian Basin International Oil Show, Inc. not only showcases the very latest technology, it also honors the industry’s past. A working cable tool rig operates daily on the show grounds during the three-day show, surrounded by trucks and oilfield equipment from the 1930’s, a key growth period for the industry in the Permian Basin.
- EVONIK Oil & Gas Symposium – October 30-31 | Houston, TX: This Symposium will feature industry experts and networking opportunities to discuss the latest innovations, trends, and challenges facing the oil and gas industry. Experts from leading corporations will include: Halliburton, Polyflow, Baker Hughes GE, Spears & Associates, Texas A&M University, Hoerbiger Corporation, Kosta Tech, Western Falcon, Fritz Industries, Inc., Linde Engineering, United Pipeline Systems, Inc., Innospec, Flotek, AirBorne, BYK USA, Inc., And more! Register here.
- Well Site Automation 2018 – October 30-31 | Houston, TX: The key focus for this year’s conference will be to “achieve efficient, cost-effective, and safer operations”, and the objective will be to bring shale operators and service companies together with leading industry experts to collaborate and examine new opportunities in well site automation, and to address the key challenges in well site operations across North America.
Enter to Win a Redwing Offshore Bag!
Get Mark’s Monthly Events Email
Connect with Us